Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

We didn't do any camping this holiday weekend BUT we did have a great weekend at the farm in Missouri!  We love these weekends as much as camping and it's a lot like camping...

We got in a trap shooting contest. I serve as the official scorekeeper and thrower. The teenager and husband have all these convoluted rules, I can't really even keep up with it all, they are both hugely competitive so there is usually some bickering about the score. Anyway, the teenager won, by several points.

My official seat for the trap contests
We fished.  The teenager actually caught a good size catfish which was shocking to me.  The dog went with us (need I say more?)  She was swimming and jumping and repeatedly getting tangled up in the line.  I don't really know anything about fishing, except that every time I've been someone is always telling me to be quite so I don't scare the fish away. 


The dog
The next morning the dog was sick...she recovered quickly and lived to tell about it

We visited Warm Springs Ranch, the the breeding facility for the Budweiser Clydesdale's. WOW! What an amazing facility. Foaling season is January to July, so they did have two babies for us to see. 

5 days old!

I took off on my own for a bike ride on the Katy Trail. I got in 20 miles, that's the most I've done so far this season and it felt great! Lots of people on the trail and they all looked like they were having loads of fun. While I was riding, I mentally added riding across the state on the trail to my bucket list. There are places to camp along the way, B&B's and wineries. The husband wouldn't do it but I think I have at least one friend that would do it. That is a few years off still, I guess that means I have ample time to plan!

My view from the top of Booslick Bridge, Boonville, MO



Now, we're home for the week.  The dog is headed to the groomer, the ticks have all been removed, the dirt has all been washed away, there are loads of laundry to be done. 

Just Like Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment