Saturday, September 21, 2013

Silver Lake Apple and BBQ Fest

We headed back to Silver Lake for the Apple and BBQ cook off  festival the second weekend of September.  We camped at Sandy Shores again.  It's a perfect location for the festival, perfect to walk back and forth.  The campground was just as great this time as it was last time.  We got in Friday night just in time to grab some food.  All the food is bought with tickets.  The tickets are $1 each, non-refundable but they are good all weekend and every year.  I love that!  So many times you go to these festivals and you get nickel and dimed to death with the ticket game but not here! The food was great, we ate there Friday night and Saturday for lunch.  I think everyone had something different both times and I never heard any complaints.  We ended up with only one extra ticket and it's in the camper for next year.

Saturday morning we hit the dunes.  We went out about 10 a.m. and it was perfect, hardly anyone out there.  What a beautiful day too!  It really couldn't have been a nicer day.  It's just so pretty, I could have stayed out there all day.  Sometimes I can't believe we're in Michigan!


We hit the festival for lunch and took in the car and buggy show.  Then it was back to the campground for college football and dinner.


That looks like a ton of steak!  There were 11 of us for dinner though.  Steak and shrimp, it's kind of our usual for camping I guess, but it's always a success.

I was really hoping it would be warm enough to pack my bathing suit one last time.  No luck with that, I packed my UGG's instead.  It was 42 degrees Friday night about 10 p.m. or so.  I couldn't get close enough to the campfire.  Sunday it rained all day so we found ourselves packing up in the rain, once more.  The end of summer dread finally set in with this trip.  There is no denying it now, summer is really over.  It will come again, it always does but it just takes so long!  And I hate the in between.





No comments:

Post a Comment