Friday, June 7, 2013

Breakfast Pizza

As promised in my post about the kayak race, here is the recipe for the breakfast pizza!  I love this recipe, I make it quite often.  It's easy, fast and feeds a crowd.  It also travels well and is as good cold as it is hot!


1 lb pork sausage - cooked, crumbled and drained
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls or dough sheets
1 cup frozen hash browns - thawed
1 cup shredded cheese - sharp cheddar or Colby Jack
3 eggs - beaten with a 1/4 cup milk and salt & pepper to season

Spread dough on pizza pan or cookie sheet.  Make the dough as thin or as thick as you like, as big or as small as you like.  I like mine thin, so I usually use a half sheet pan and 1 full can of crescent dough sheets.  Sometimes I use part of another can around the edges and corners.  If you're using crescent rolls you will have to push each roll together to close up the seams.

Spread the sausage over the dough, then the hash browns and cheese.  Pour the egg mixture over all.  Bake at 375 degrees 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set.  This will depend on how thick you make your pizza, the thicker (or smaller the pan) the longer the bake time.

Full discloser - I have no idea where this recipe originated.  I got it from my mother many years ago.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment