Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What a long strange winter it's been...

Hello and welcome to March!  Wow, what a long winter it's been!  Anyone that has read my blog before knows that I HATE winter and anyone living in the Midwest knows that this was a bad one!  It's almost over and the truth is, this one really didn't bother me.  Say what?!?  Nope, it really didn't.  It was cold, really cold, but we had a lot of sunny days and I stayed busy so I guess that's what saved me.  As I'm typing this, there is a winter weather advisory in effect for tonight.  More snow!  Oh well, last year on spring break in Missouri it snowed a foot.  I guess if we can get through spring break without snow, we're off to a better start. 

So what's on the horizon for this summer?  Well, let's see...

Remember the pickling party from last summer?  I'm growing my own cucumbers this year and this just in, amateur bee keeper!  Yep, I'm getting a bee box and bees!  Lots of fresh honey (I hope).  I'm thinking of changing the direction of my blog, there are lots of different things I'm interested in, not just camping.  Any suggestions?

Camping of course!  The TEENAGER is still in the house so as usual his activities sort of dictate the schedule for the rest of the house.  I have a trip planned to the dunes (it's an annual destination now!), two long trips to Missouri (hoping for better weather this year).  Then there is a trip to Wisconsin and Michigan.  I've got a few bike rides thrown in the mix, hopefully an overnight trip or two for some fun mountain biking and a Halloween trip (boy #2 might be too old this year) Poof, that's the summer and fall!

In the meantime, Hustle up the Hancock is just a few weeks away.  That is loads of fun, hard but fun!  My goal is to shave a minute off my time from last year.  That's pretty ambitious and I've only practiced twice so far.  I still have plenty of time but I don't have my fast legs on just yet.  Lots of crazy teenager stuff going on the rest of the month and high school baseball season has started.  My first bike ride is April 28.  65 miles this time, new long distance record!  I'm not exactly sure how the weather will be, that's pretty early up here, as long as it's a bright sunny day, it should all work out.  I probably won't have time or decent enough weather to get outside much before then so I'm hoping my Hancock legs carry me through!

What a long, strange winter it's been...



No comments:

Post a Comment